Thread: hualapai mansion

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default hualapai mansion

Originally posted by Karen

I'm looking for an original picture of the Hualapai Mansion which was built in the 1930's in the remote desert of Kingman, AZ. Built on the Gold King Mine. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: hualapai mansion

Originally posted by Dave

In Reply to: hualapai mansion posted by Karen on January 12, 19100 at 17:36:54:

: I'm looking for an original picture of the Hualapai Mansion which was built in the 1930's in the remote desert of Kingman, AZ. Built on the Gold King Mine. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

i'd like to find a detail map of how to get to the mansion, there was an article in the kingman daily miner paper the later part of september showing some people painting and repairing but no map or details on the whereabouts. thanks

Default Re: hualapai mansion

Originally posted by Chris Bohler

In Reply to: Re: hualapai mansion posted by Dave on October 07, 19100 at 12:16:08:

: : I'm looking for an original picture of the Hualapai Mansion which was built in the 1930's in the remote desert of Kingman, AZ. Built on the Gold King Mine. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

: i'd like to find a detail map of how to get to the mansion, there was an article in the kingman daily miner paper the later part of september showing some people painting and repairing but no map or details on the whereabouts. thanks

! have some directions on how to get to the mansion. It is a rugged hike. I have only been their once and it was hot. It is miles from the nearest settlement so you need to bring plenty of supplies including water. Despite its years of being abandonned the building is fascinating. By the look of the remains it was probably built in the 1920s-1030s. The building is on property known as the Odle Ranch, which contains 27,000 acres so a good map is essential. The road deteriorates after the Odle ranch headquarters and turning off the main road. After leaving the main road it is advisable to have a 4X4 vehicle. The road deteriorates to almost impassable about 2 miles from the mansion. We hiked in. The road we followed at times crosses a small creek. We crossed this stream a little less than 2 miles from where the road ended we found the mansion. It has been over 15 years since I was last in the area, however to reach the old Odle Ranch site take the Peacock ountain turnoff fom I-40 east of Kingman. The mansion is beautiful in its remains. The large windows overlook the creek. It is very secluded and makes for a clearer understanding of our American heritage. Good luck and let me know if you are successful!
    Chris

Thread Information