Thread: Cuprum, WA AND Copper Cliff Mine

Default Cuprum, WA AND Copper Cliff Mine

Does anyone have any information on Cuprum, WA and the nearby Copper Cliff Mine? I was planning on stopping by on my trip to Lime, OR next month. My understanding is that the mine equipment is all still there but there are no tresspassing signs posted. I very much enjoy photographing that kind of stuff, so was wondering if anyone new of the status of the mine area.

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Found this link on Google.

http://www.brian894x4.com/INSEARCHOFHISTORY.html

It has pics from Cuprum and other places you may find interesting. Scroll down right side for Cuprum. Also check your Lime OR request post if you have not already.
    bb.
    Last edited by bad bob; 08-01-2006 at 04:09 PM.

dvsww2 Guest

Default Cuprum---IDAHO

Well guys, Brian must have gotten mixed up when he built his page as Cuprum is in Idaho, Not WA, so sorry you guys might been confused. I've been there and down Kleinschmidt grade years ago and it is one of the scaryiest roads I've been on. Years ago there was a small company town at Homestead,. OR. It's on the West side of the river, and it was there almost 50 years ago as it was the town for the mine. I can remember stopping at the town store and getting pop and icecream bars and this was about the time that Idaho Power was building the dam at Oxbow. The town was up a Canyon and a good row of 1900's buildings with a raised boardwalk to get to the store. Several years ago a friend and I went to a farm sale in Halfway and tried to buy a ww2 dodge weapons carrier, and we went up to Cornucopia, then over to Homestead. WE didn't find the ghost town, or remains of one, but we didn't drive up the canyons either as it was getting late. There was a lot of new construction with the Dam, so maybe the town got eliminated. I can tell you that the rocks around the tunnel and the town have a green copper stain to them.

Thread Information