Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Owens Valley

Cool Owens Valley

I was thinking of a weekend exploration trip around the Owens Valley area sometime in late April - Early May. Any of the gang up for it before it gets too hot?
    High Desert Drifter
    Ghost Town Explorations
    www.ghosttownexplorer.com

I've been looking at the north end of the White Mountains where 6 crosses into Nevada ,looks like some mines below Boundary Peak.

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by High Desert Drifter View Post
    I was thinking of a weekend exploration trip around the Owens Valley area sometime in late April - Early May. Any of the gang up for it before it gets too hot?

Drifter, I'm in if ya can swing by and pick me up, oh and drop me off at my house on the way back. I can put up $15 fer gas and provide all the cactus coolers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grn98TJ
    I've been looking at the north end of the White Mountains where 6 crosses into Nevada ,looks like some mines below Boundary Peak.
    Look on the Buena Vista, Nevada page on this website. Most of the photos are mine taken in the mid-90s. Easy and beautiful country to explore.

Also check out the Montgomery City, California page.

And if you go to my website, check out my Blind Spring Hill page (in between the two Bentons). http://www.gbr.4wdtrips.net/4x4/blindspring.html
    David A. Wright
    Quote: "Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again!"

Thanks for Buena Vista tip. Maps show road up Queen Canyon to Albert and Queen mines , ever been up that side?

No, but looking down into Queen Canyon from above shows many roads and mine dumps.
    David A. Wright
    Quote: "Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again!"

Better satellite pic than Google?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bad bob View Post
    Drifter, I'm in if ya can swing by and pick me up, oh and drop me off at my house on the way back. I can put up $15 fer gas and provide all the cactus coolers.
    BB
    $15 for gas should get us right about to the edge of Bakersfield! Actually I quit cactus coolers, I'm a slurpee man! do they got 7-11's in Owens Valley?

Actually I would have to pass through Bakersfield to get there and I can't convience any sane person in these parts to join me. someting about the desert that scares the city folk?... If your interested it would be the two of us in my Tacoma 4x4 dbl. Cab?
    High Desert Drifter
    Ghost Town Explorations

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by High Desert Drifter View Post
    BB
    $15 for gas should get us right about to the edge of Bakersfield! Actually I quit cactus coolers, I'm a slurpee man! do they got 7-11's in Owens Valley?

Actually I would have to pass through Bakersfield to get there and I can't convience any sane person in these parts to join me. someting about the desert that scares the city folk?... If your interested it would be the two of us in my Tacoma 4x4 dbl. Cab?

Well I may hafta work, but if I do, I hope ya'll stop by on yer way thru. It'd be a plezure to meet ya. Cell phone #'s via email OK?
    I know you do slurpees. I didn't mean the cactus coolers in cans and bottles. I meant a real cactus, cut in half.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bad bob View Post
    Well I may hafta work, but if I do, I hope ya'll stop by on yer way thru. It'd be a plezure to meet ya. Cell phone #'s via email OK?
    I know you do slurpees. I didn't mean the cactus coolers in cans and bottles. I meant a real cactus, cut in half.
    Well its gonna take some time to map out the area and research it. I'm off to a good start thanks to Mr. Wright himself. As I get closer to something resembling a departure I will let you know, and if you happen to be off that weekend maybe we can get something together.
    High Desert Drifter
    Ghost Town Explorations

Thread Information