Thread: Klondyke Country Store-Ghost Town For Sale

Default Klondyke Country Store-Ghost Town For Sale

Have you ever wanted to own a piece of history? Well now you can!

Approx. 19.5 acres of Klondyke, Arizona's original ghost town is now for sale.

Price: $375,000

This property pulses with the history of Klondyke, Arizona. It is the home of the Klondyke Country Store (rebuilt in 1907), Post Office, Diner, Gas Station, a small adobe building (rumored to have been a brothel) and The Horsehead Lodge. (*the Store, Post Office, Diner, and Gas Station are all in the same building).

Inside the store you will find the area that was once the post office, complete with an iron lockbox that was used for mail storage. The store is also home to a soda counter that once belonged to an old drug store in a nearby town. Antique stained glass adorns the sides of the mirrored rear cabinet, and round stools line the front of the countertop. The country store is still in fine shape and could become the town's heartbeat once again.

In addition to the store, lodge, and adobe building:
    • There is a beautiful 2,000 sq ft mfg home complete with 5 bedrooms, and 2.5 bathrooms.
    • 6 RV Hookups (with electric and water)
    • 2 Horse/ Livestock Stalls with water troughs
    • 4 acres of fully fenced land attached to the stalls, for turn out/pasture
    • 2 above ground gas tanks : 1,000 gallon unleaded and 500 gallon diesel
    • 18 x 29 cover used as a hay barn
    Klondyke is a beautiful town with breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and wildlife. It is surrounded by the Galiuro Mountains in the Southwest and the Santa Teresa Mountains to the North. The Aravaipa Canyon is also nearby and has beautiful hiking trails. The location of this property is ideal for hiking, hunting, bird watching, trail riding, or simply finding serenity.

For more information on this property please view our website or email me.

Thanks,
    Danielle Bechtel
    www.swaservices.com

danielle@swaservices.com

Sounds like a swell place to start a commune or a place to hold up against the IRS.

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

OFF TOPIC...the ghost town on Wauconda in North-Eastern Washington was just sold the other day. I was just there recently and really liked that area. The town has a store, gas station, and restaraunt next to each other and next to it is an old (still standing) stage coach stop, + a few (still standing) 19th century houses. Really a nice place. I think it sold for like, $35,000.00 or something like that.

Is this The Peyote Way Church property?

Quote Originally Posted by Darin View Post
    OFF TOPIC...the ghost town on Wauconda in North-Eastern Washington was just sold the other day. I was just there recently and really liked that area. The town has a store, gas station, and restaraunt next to each other and next to it is an old (still standing) stage coach stop, + a few (still standing) 19th century houses. Really a nice place. I think it sold for like, $35,000.00 or something like that.
    Drop one more zero and it would have been in my price range.

A ghost town for $35k?! Unless the property taxes were outrageous or all the buildings condemned, it sounds like it would have been a tempting offer.

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Boy, was I off. It actually went for $370,601.00 even though Ebay was asking for an even mill. And there is more news on the town...click here for the full story!!!

To buy some Work for 35 Grant?
    No Way.
    You know how much you spend to keep it alive?
    If anyone is interested to keep it for next Generation he would do it himself,and if he cant afford that,and he were with his ...........
    No,i think its just Investment Project for that Price,and not worth more then $3500.-
    i could get a old,collapsed building from a old Ghost Town for a little Money and rebuild it.Just with other Name of Town.
    Sorry,were otherwise interested

Thread Information